Christ Church is a vibrant, Anglican church with a wide range of people attending, of all ages and stages of life, and we would love to welcome you to our church family. There are a range of different services, activities and groups aimed at a variety of age groups that happen throughout the week. We are a family friendly church and have many different activities for families with children and young people. These events are open to everyone and we’d love to welcome you.
Please do check out our website for up to date information on what’s happening at Christ Church: www.ccweb.org.uk
Christ church aims to support the school by:
- Working in partnership with the school to provide a school ‘pastor’, Ruthy Lillington. Ruthy oversees our partnership with Christ Church Primary, as well as providing pastoral support for staff and pupils and can be contact on 973 6524 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Playing an active role in school governance through our clergy. Currently The Revd Paul Langham is a School Trustee and The Revd Tim Meathrel acts as a Foundation Governor
- Supporting the school’s collective worship by leading a weekly assembly
- Helping to lead Christian perspective RE lesson
- Running a lunch club called “Big questions” where children can come to discuss and explore together their thoughts about the answers to life’s big questions
- Getting involved in the wider life of the school in whatever way is helpful!
- Hosting (at church) various whole school community celebrations e.g. Harvest, Christmas, summer concerts.
- Prayer – we are committed to praying for the school in various ways and contexts. In particular there is a prayer group for school that meets once every half term. If you would like to join in with this group, anyone is welcome – Please contact Nick & Lucy Pollock for more details by email email@example.com
What else happens at Christ Church?
There are many different activities that happen in the life of Christ Church. These are just a few of the ways in which we seek to serve our local community:
Christ Church Pre-school
For the last 40 years Christ Church has hosted a Pre-school. It aims to offer affordable, quality care to children of all nationalities, needs and faiths. For more details do see the Pre-school website www.christchurchcliftonpreschool.org.uk/
Every Thursday throughout the school term we have two Toddler group sessions:
10-11:30am and 2-3:30pm. Parents/grand-parents/nannies of babies and young children (up to preschool age) are welcome to drop in to one of these, and visit with each other while keeping an eye on their youngsters.
There are lots of toys, books, often craft activities, and usually a story and sing-along too.
We have a group of dedicated volunteers who look after the kitchen, and supply refreshments. A small change of £1:00/family helps to cover costs.
Strengthening family life
One of the things we are passionate about as a church is strengthening family life in our local area. We run various relationship and parenting courses to help equip people. If you are interested in finding out more, please contact the church office.
We would highly recommend the CARE FOR THE FAMILY website for lots of helpful information about strengthening your family life.
Throughout the year we run a 10 week course to explore the big questions of life and discuss together some of the Christian perspective answers to these questions. To find out more about Alpha – see the alpha website www.alpha.org/
And email our church office to find out about our next course.
If you would like to know anything else about what goes on at Christ Church – other children’s groups for example, or would like to talk with a member of the clergy, please contact us :
Tel 0117 972 6524